Equipment Use Procedures
The TRC circulates educational technology kits to ECU-affiliated borrowers: students, staff, and faculty with a valid ECU 1 Card, along with area educators with a valid area educator card.
Educational technology kits borrowed from the library might not have fully charged batteries. Please allow time to charge the battery before use.
Educational technology kits checked out from the TRC have a circulation period of 7 days with one renewal. Borrowers can renew educational technology kits online by accessing their library account from the ECU Library home page. Area educators are responsible for obtaining their library account login pin from the library circulation department for online renewals. The borrower is responsible for renewing educational technology kits by the original due date.
Fees for repair to damaged or lost equipment will be assessed by the Libraries, a bill will be sent to the borrower, and the borrower’s record will be tagged. All borrowers are responsible for ensuring the security of equipment while it is in their possession. The borrower may not add or remove kit pieces, or modify the educational technology kits in anyway.
Use of this educational technology equipment requires acknowledgement for liability in the event that the equipment or accompanying accessories incur loss or damage. The borrower accepts responsibility for the following:
- To return borrowed items in the condition in which they were borrowed
- To return borrowed items by the due date or to request a renewal of the items
- To report damage to items immediately
- To return borrowed equipment only to the TRC Library service desk (no book drops)
- To pay the current market value to replace any lost or damaged items, including the required processing fee
- To pay interest and late penalties on invoices that are not promptly paid