Equipment Use Procedure
The ECU Libraries circulate equipment to ECU-affiliated borrowers: students, staff, and faculty with a valid ECU 1 Card. Some equipment items, including some laptops, cameras, and wi-fi hotspots, are restricted only to student use due to funding from the student technology fee.
Equipment borrowed from the library might not have a fully charged battery. Please allow time to charge the battery before use.
Fees for repair to damaged or lost equipment will be assessed by the Libraries, a bill will be sent to the borrower, and the borrower’s record will be tagged. All borrowers are responsible for ensuring the security of equipment while it is in their possession. The borrower may not add or remove software, or modify the laptop configuration. Borrowers are expected to read and abide by ECU’s University Student and Employee Computer Use Policy.
Use of this equipment requires acknowledgement for liability in the event that the equipment or accompanying accessories incur loss or damage. The borrower accepts responsibility for the following:
- To return borrowed items in the condition in which they were borrowed,
- To return borrowed items by the due date or to request a renewal of the items,
- To report damage to items immediately,
- To return borrowed equipment only to the Joyner/Music Library service desks or the Laupus Health Sciences Library service desk (no book drops),
- To pay for any accrued overdue fines,
- To pay the current market value to replace any lost or damaged items, including the required processing fee, and
- To pay interest and late penalties on invoices that are not promptly paid.